Set Up a Consultation
I was born at Tachikawa Air Force base, the daughter of a career Air Force man and Japanese mother. My family, especially my children, is the driving force of my life. In 1991, I found myself widowed, raising seven- and four-year-old sons, and living in Ohio due to my husband's employment. After braving the Midwest winters for four more years, I returned to Texas where my family has been since before the Civil War.
After working as a statistical analyst for a health benefit management company for eight years, I had the opportunity to go back to college and graduated Cum Laude from the University of North Texas with a degree in Business Administration. I then pursued my Juris Doctor from Texas Wesleyan, where I graduated in the top seventeenth percent of my class.
Once I finished raising the boys, I met and married my current husband. We raise goats, chickens, cows, horses and apparently every dog in the county. We enjoy riding our motorcycles and horses and traveling in our RV.
My life experiences have shown me that many people find themselves in situations they never dreamed possible and they need help and advice. As an attorney, I have a unique and valuable opportunity to assist people and it is an opportunity I take very seriously. When my clients come to me, they are paying me the ultimate compliment and I always endeavor to not only meet but also exceed that trust.
Areas of Practice
- Property Division
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2011
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2005
Honors and Awards
- Tarrant County Top Attorney for Family Law by Fort Worth Magazine to be published December 2013
- 2019 Top Attorney Fort Worth Magazine
- Top attorney Texas Monthly October 2019
- Top Women Attorneys in Texas Monthly January 2019
- 2017 Top Lawyers Fort Worth, Texas The City’s Magazine
- Top Attorneys 2016 Fort Worth Magazine
- Top Attorneys in Texas Texas Monthly Magazine 2016
- Top Lawyers 2018 Texas Monthly
- Top Attorney Fort Worth Magazine 2013
- Top Attorney Fort Worth Texas Magazine 2015
- Top Attorney Texas Monthly 2017
- Top Attorney in Texas Rising Stars Texas Monthly 2015
- Top Attorney Fort Worth Magazine 2014
- Top Attorney in Texas Rising Star Texas Monthly 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wise, Jack and Montague Women’s Bar Association, President and founding member
- Child welfare section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association, Member